Maulana Azad Scholarship
The Maulana Azad Scholarships are open, apply now. Each year, the Indian Government’s Ministry of Minority Affairs grants scholarships to minority students to complete a Master’s, Ph.D., or post-doctoral level. The definition of minority includes Sikh, Parsi, Muslim, Buddhist, Jain, and Christian communities. You can use the Maulana Azad National Fellowship to study in the fields of social sciences, humanities, technology, and engineering. The foundation was founded on the occasion of the centenary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth. His eventful life was packed with outstanding achievements in the diverse fields. He was a towering figure on the Indian political scene and a scholar rated high in the realms of Urdu Literature. If this meets you right, do well to apply for the Maulana Azad Scholarship 2019.
About Maulana Azad National Fellowship
Maulana Azad Scholarship, founded under the name of one of the most prominent freedom fighter and first education minister of free India, Maulana Abul Kalam Azadin the year 1989. This foundation is a celebration of the efforts of this great leader whose life was full of amazing achievements in various fields.
Maulana Azad Scholarship foundation is a non-political, non-profit and voluntary organization whose establishment has the sole aim of promoting education among minorities who are backward but good in academics. It is fully funded by the Govt. of India’s ministry, Ministry of Minority Affairs
All You Need To Know About Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Level/Field of Study
The Maulana Azad National Fellowship is open to pursuing Master’s, Ph.D., or post-doctoral degree and varies according to the level of study. For M. Phil – maximum 2 years M. Phil and Ph.D – 5 yearsPh. D – Maximum of 5 years.
The Maulana Azad Scholarship 2019 is hosted in India.
There are other Indian Scholarships available for International students in 2019. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2019 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The Maulana Azad Scholarship is open to only Indian citizens.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country How to apply and win a scholarship
It should be noted that the beneficiaries of the students receive for the first two years as JRF ¼ 25,000 per month. If they are promoted as SRF, they will receive £ 28,000 per month for 3 more years. Amount of the grant
It should be noted that the beneficiary students are given ₹25,000 per month for the initial 2 years as JRF. If they are promoted as the SRF, then they receive ₹28,000 per month for another 3 years.
|Fellowship Amount||@ Rs.25,000/- p.m. for initial 2 years (JRF)
@ Rs.28,000/- p.m. for remaining time (SRF)
|Contingency for Humanities
Contingency for Social Sciences
Contingency for Commerce
|@ Rs.10, 000/- p.a. for initial 2 years.
@ Rs.20, 500/- p.a. for remaining time
|Contingency for Science||@ Rs.12, 000/- p.a. for initial 2 years
@ Rs.25, 000/- p.a. for remaining time
|Escorts/Reader Assistance||@ Rs.2,000/- p.m. in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates|
Fellowship amount for all streams – Junior Research fellows receive ₹25,000 and the Senior Research fellows receive ₹ 28,000 on a monthly basis
A contingency fund for the Humanities, Social Science, and Commerce – Students can get an additional amount annually for meeting any contingency requirement related to the studies. For the initial 2 years, they are given ₹10,000 annually and ₹ 20,500 annually for the rest of the 3 years period.
The contingency fund for the Science students
- The Science students are given ₹12,000 annually for the initial 2 years. Thereafter, they can get ₹25,000 annually for rest of the 3 years period.
- The visually and physically challenged students can get an assistance of ₹ 2000 per month for availing the support of the reader or an escort.
Eligibility for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Given below are the pre-requisites of Maulana Azad Scholarship, the following students can apply only
(i) Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Girls or students from minority communities – Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi & Jain notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
(ii) The candidate has to submit duly attested and signed by a proper authority, minority community certificate on an actionable and legally valid affidavit, until the State Government/Union Territory administration starts to issue the minority community certificate.
(iii) Candidate must be pursuing a regular/ full-time M.Phil/ Ph.D. courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
(iv) The annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources. Candidate should submit his/her income or his/her parent’s/guardian’s income certificate duly signed and issued by the appropriate Authority.
(v) The candidate should have secured a minimum score of 50% at Post Graduate level.
(vi) Scholarship form should be duly attested and signed by concerned School/College.
(vii) Candidate should produce his/her income certificate issued by Tehsildar, Block officer or Notary Public of the concerned area/Block/Dist.
(vi) Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation followed is as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Open a browser and go to the website of Maulana Azad Scholarship http://www.maef.nic.in/
- Choose the link which says Apply Online or use this link to apply http://www.maef.nic.in/REGDemo.aspx
- A webpage opens where you have to fill all the necessary details and information regarding yourself.
- The next requires you to upload the supporting documents for the categories that you have filled in the above step.
- Click on the Submit button to submit the application form.
- A registration number is generated which must be noted down for future reference.
- Take a printout of your scholarship form just for your record in support of submission of the form.
NOTE: The Last date for receipt of Application Form is 30 September 2019.
Documents Required for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Annual Income certificate
- Authentic mark-sheet of class 10th, attested by the school principal.
- Confirmation by the Head of present School/College
- Identity Proof with a photograph.
- Evidence of Religion certificate attested by the Principal of present university/college or educational institute.