The World Bank Summer Internship Program 2019 offers opportunities to innovative minds across the world the opportunities to be exposed with World Bank core values and agenda. Through mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development.
The internship enables individuals to bring new insights, innovative ideas, and recent research experiences into the work of the bank and improve their skills in a diverse environment. An internship with the World Bank is an opportunity to learn and gain practical experience. Apprentices usually find the experience rewarding and interesting. In addition, it can improve your CV with practical work experience.
The World Bank Group Internship is offered twice a year:
Summer Internship (May to September): The enrollment period lasts from 1st December to 31st January of each year.
Winter internship (November-March): The registration period lasts from 1st October to 31st October of each year.
Worth of the World Bank Summer Internship Program
The World bank pays all trainees an hourly salary and, if necessary, provides a travel allowance. The trainees are responsible for their accommodation.
Most positions are in Washington, DC; Some others are in the World Bank representations. This depends on the business and is different. Internship opportunities usually exist for at least four weeks.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate program (Master’s degree or PhD with full-time school plans).
- There is no age limit.
- Proper English skills are required. Knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese is desirable.
- Other skills like computer skills are beneficial.
- Value diversity in their workplace and encourage all qualified individuals, especially women, to apply with different academic and professional backgrounds.
How to Apply for the World Bank Summmer Internship
Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal details correctly. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
– Curriculum vitae
– Declaration of interests
– Proof of enrollment for postgraduate studies
For more information, visit the World Bank.